Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
The Analyst position plays an integral role in the MetLife Investment Management Real Estate group. The analyst will assist with various aspects of asset management of MetLife’s $56 billion commercial mortgage portfolio. The analyst will provide analytical support to MetLife’s commercial real estate lending strategies and portfolio management related to MetLife’s General Account and for its debt Investment Management platform.
- Support the loan asset management process and loan boarding process, including regular management reporting and communications with Regional Offices.
- Author updates to asset management processes and guidelines.
- Support Head of Loan Asset Management on new initiatives.
- Attend and contribute to Servicer and Loan Manager calls. Proactively follow up on items as needed.
- Monitor and track various monthly servicing reports.
- Liaison with and provide information for key constituent groups including Risk, Research & Analytics, Accounting and Compliance. Develop relationship with key contacts through strong verbal and written communication.
- Support third party servicing initiatives.
- Provide weekly commercial mortgage loan updates to Senior Leadership Team.
- Create, update, and manage excel models and reporting to increase efficiency of the real estate debt team.
Loan Management Workstation
- Help maintain and enhance information gathering systems; assist in development and testing system enhancements; assist regional offices in understanding system processes; recommend enhancements to systems.
- Contribute to LMW Steering Committee.
- Handle ad hoc requests and projects related to the General Account and/or Investment Management portfolios
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 1-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent PC skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to manage several projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or Business, as well as any other related field of expertise
- Prior finance or real estate related work experience
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, handle multiple tasks, prioritize and work well in a small team environment
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job