Anchor Health Properties, a national full-service real estate development, management, and investment company, is seeking a Property Manager to join their team. The Property Manager will be part of a team that supports the Asset Management, Property Management, Development and Acquisition services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele.
Anchor Health Properties is a developer, owner and operator of healthcare real estate, operating in several states. The corporate culture of Anchor Health Properties is such that every employee is expected to be an ambassador for the company represented as proactive, creative, problem-solving, and outcome-oriented. Our customers are the hospital administrators, physicians, practice managers, tenants, architects, contractors and consultants with whom we develop the real estate that we subsequently hold and manage, as well as the investors with whom we acquire stabilized buildings. Our business is built entirely on those relationships and the repeat project opportunities they generate. Therefore, our expectation is that every Anchor Health Properties employee should view each contact with these customers as an opportunity to build our business and, as such, should look for ways to proactively identify the customer’s need and demonstrate active effort to address that need as professionally, quickly and thoroughly as may be possible.
The primary function of the Property Manager (PM) is to maintain all aspects of the building they manage and to facilitate occupancy of the buildings. Whenever possible, the Property Manager should strive to perform a task as completely as possible, with a goal of fully taking the complete task off-of-the “plate” of the delegating management team member – expecting, at most, management’s review and approval. This ownership-mentality mindset should be based in an assumption that the Property Manager might have to present, explain and defend the work product to our client – and that the client’s response to the timeliness, quality, thoroughness, format and conclusions of the employee’s work product will form his or her impressions of Anchor Health Properties.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while managing conflicting priorities.
- Manage, under the direction of the firm’s executive leadership, a medical office Portfolio ranging from 200k to 350k SF. The size of the portfolio will vary based off the region among other factors including but not limited to number of tenants, locations, etc.
- Day long or overnight travel may be required.
- Primary responsibility for all work order processing and third-party dispatching for service requests affiliated with the Portfolio.
- Negotiate, track, and arrange for preventative maintenance contracts, repairs and maintenance, and Certificates of Insurance, among other matters, through the utilization of engineering staff and the Angus Anywhere work order management system.
- May manage building engineer(s) including recommendations for hiring, staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to further develop competencies and skills.
- Correspondence with tenants and clients via letters, email and telephone regarding their rent and service needs.
- Maintain strong rapport with Tenants and Facilities Maintenance Personnel.
- In conjunction with the Asset Manager, assist with new and renewal leases, for the Portfolio.
- Work with Accounting and Management to set annual budgets for each project and to distribute regular reports to owners and tenants in addition to accurately forecasting upcoming expenditures based on management expertise, prior spending, price increases and inflation.
- Develop accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with Owner’s reporting requirements. Manage operation expenses by proactively identifying and addressing negative expense trends.
- Regularly travel to properties for meetings and walk-throughs; build strong relationships with tenants.
- Create and review requests for proposals from various service contractors for property management needs and from general contractors, architects, interior designers, etc. for ongoing suite build-outs, preventative maintenance contracts, and oversight of building cap-ex (interior & exterior renovations, elevator modernization, etc.).
- Create and assemble all documents for a Tenant Guide for each tenant at each property with basic information about the property and its management – including instructions and schedules for different aspects of the building: fire alarms, service requests, Access Control, HVAC schedule, lighting schedule, emergency contact information, emergency preparedness plans, etc.
- Create and maintain signage directories.
- Establish efficient long-term practices for each building and a relationship with each tenant, resulting in minimizing expenditures and maximizing value to the Owner.
- Support office operations in the following responsibilities:
- Complete annual “strategic” management reports; submit regularly updated financial, property condition and leasing statements to Management and Owners.
- Serve as the first point of contact for after-hours building emergencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Meticulous attention to detail, systematic organizational skills.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and takes a proactive approach to their work.
- Ability to multi-task with ease.
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate with other team members.
- Experience with property-level financial reporting and experience with the management of medical office properties.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Should self-identify as a “teachable” employee and possess a “can-do” attitude, professional correspondence etiquette and strong interpersonal skills.
- Should take initiative and be committed to producing quality outcomes in work completed independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work after hours and some weekends (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property).
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Programs, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Typically, three (3) to five (5) year of real estate, property management or customer service experience required.
- Real Estate License typically possessed.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Real Property Administrator (RPA) or similar certification(s) preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job