- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative alternatives.
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Strategize with team members and provide materials that allow the top producers to generate new relationships
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
- Four-year college degree. Major in Real Estate, finance, accounting, or business area preferred.
- Strong understanding of finance analytical skills, financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including financial statements, loan documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal parties.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), experience in Salesforce a plus. .
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years