An ABM Manager of Operations - Janitorial is responsible for the growth, operational and financial success of his/her branch. The Branch Manager will lead a team of four district managers as well as a diverse team of employees
- Maintain constant communication with clients to ensure consistent and satisfactory service.
- Entertain clients and prospective clients.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve complaints.
- Ensure quality services are provided in accordance with account requirements.
- Visit client accounts and establish customer inspection and visitation schedules.
- Maintain effective and robust quality assurance programs.
- Identify and correct problems pertaining to productivity and efficiency.
Employee Relations and Supervision:
- Create a team-oriented environment where employees can learn and succeed.
- Create positive employee morale within your branch.
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills.
- Ensure branch employees understand their responsibilities and are properly trained.
- Regularly review employee performance and address performance issues.
- Provide support and leadership in special projects/initiatives, as directed by regional, division or corporate-level management.
- Ensure that all audits, including financial, HR, Safety and Risk Management audits, achieve satisfactory results. Investigate and correct issues identified in audits.
- Understand applicable union contracts and develop effective working relationship with local labor unions.
Sales and Marketing:
- Meet branch sales objectives by partnering with sales team in efforts to develop new business and other opportunities.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients and become the face of the organization in the local marketplace.
- Establish business relationship with potential customers.
- Understand customer requirements and offer ABM services to meet their needs.
- Oversee new account bidding process and maintain all customer contact specifications.
- Promote the development of Tag or Casual sales to increase branch profitability.
- Develop a branch business plan which defines how the branch will achieve its operational and financial goals and addresses planned marketing, sales and prospecting activities. Monitor progress toward branch business objectives.
- Participate in local trade organizations to promote ABM Janitorial Services.
- Working with Staff Accountants:
- Responsible for all financial aspects of branch operations, including budgeting, labor review, billing, receivables and payables.
- Responsible for completion of annual budget.
- Responsible for keeping revenue and costs within this budget.
- Must be able to forecast future performance against annual budget.
- Ensure accurate billing and assist in the collection of overdue accounts.
- Ability to understand profit and loss statements.
- Control labor expenses. Direct the purchasing and inventory management of supplies.
- Responsible for the operational and financial success of an ABM branch and Districts as assigned.
- Is accountable for meeting financial objectives by controlling expenses, expanding billable services to current customers and attracting new customers.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of five years of operations experience in service related field is highly preferred.
- Understanding of the service industry trends, practices, and process.
- Prior management or supervisor experience in the facilities field.
- Solid accounting and business acumen.
- A passion for serving others and helping others to succeed.
- Excellent personal organization skills.
- Excellent follow-up and an eye for detail.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent client requests on evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Technical savvy and ability to use MS Office Suite, Smart Phones, Internet and other job related applications.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Business savvy and financial accountability.
- Strong moral integrity.
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.