Vacancy Announcement: Sr. Housing Development Project Manager, - SOME, Inc.
SOME (So Others Might Eat) exists to help homeless and poor individuals and families of Washington, DC. Our more than 30 programs throughout the District provide comprehensive services that lead to mental and physical health, continued sobriety, job training, living-wage employment and affordable housing. We meet immediate needs with food, clothing and healthcare and offer the tools one needs to live with hope, dignity and greater independence.
SOME Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Housing Development Project Manager for our Housing Development department.
Position Overview: The Sr. Housing Development Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the housing development process including pre-development, funding applications, financing, design, and construction of assigned projects.
Required: Bachelor's Degree; 5+ years of experience in experience in Affordable Housing Development with extensive knowledge of Design, Finance, Construction Management.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm (40 Hours per week) ; some evenings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Real estate development process, Housing Finance, Tax Credit and Bond financing, Legal, Design and Construction management
- Some knowledge of Building Codes and construction techniques; Analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and mentor/manage other team-members
- Organizational skills with attention to both big picture and details; Ownership of projects from concept to completion and self-driven motivation to complete
- Proficient with MS Office, including Teams, Planner, Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn financial systems such as Great Plains and Adaptive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse audiences and vendors
- Analytical skills and ability to perform feasibility analysis on prospective projects; Develop financial proformas; Value engineering; and Project Management.
- Project Management skills necessary to bring project from concept to completion including feasibility analysis, design process, financial, legal, and construction.
- Ability to negotiate; Analytical skills; Relationship building skills; Action oriented
- Positive attitude within a sometimes fast-paced environment to meet deadlines in quality and productive manner in collaboration with HD and other teams
Pre-Development & Finance: Conducting Feasibility studies including zoning analysis, proforma analysis, market and demographic research. Manage acquisition process and financing for prospective properties/projects. Develop financial proformas to assist in evaluating properties and financing options for purchase and construction. Prepare applications for grants and project funding, including pre-development, construction, and permanent financing. Work with various stake-holders including appraisers, design and construction consultants to develop project budgets. Manage lender due diligence including financial, legal, insurance and other loan documents for closing and reporting. Manage processes for government agencies including DCHA and DHCD to secure project and operating funding.
Design & Construction Management: Manage construction and architectural vendors, including RFP/bid process, contract negotiations, and scheduling. Manage design and construction process to maintain schedule and budget. Procure preliminary estimates on schematic design with progressive updates on final pricing on CD and permit sets. Review plans and engage in value engineering analysis to reduce costs and maintain quality. File application for and expedite building permits, Certificate of Occupancy, etc in collaboration with Project Assistant. Manage project construction phase, including review and tracking of submittals and RFIs; review and approval of change orders; processing requisition payments; review of minutes and reports.
Project Management/Admin: Develop and track project schedules and budgets throughout project. Manage construction close-out including cost certification and conversion to permanent financing. Procure Operations & Maintenance manual / Warranty package from General contractors to convey to Facilities. Contribute to various monthly and quarterly reports on projects and other Housing Development activities. Prepare and maintain cash-flow projections for Finance Department of ongoing projects in conjunction with HD team. Collaborate with Property/Asset Management to facilitate Stabilization and required benchmarks for equity installments. Collaborate with Finance/Operations department to convey ongoing due-diligence and reporting requirements
Reports to: Chief Housing Development Officer
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.