Company Info: Farpoint Development was founded by a group of established, knowledgeable and passionate developers whom over the past 30+ years have a proven track record across a broad spectrum of asset sizes and types. We specialize on finding undervalued commercial real estate properties and investing in them to realize their full potential. In achieving this realization we pride ourselves on building trust and confidence with our employees, investors, and vendors. We believe that people are our most important asset. Through this culture and discipline, we have been able to successfully produce unparalleled returns for its investors.
Responsibilities: Directly support ownership and project management team through the creation and evaluation of complex financial models related to commercial real estate developments and investments. This person will help us set the course for what we will buy and what we will develop. He or she needs to be able to do prioritize efficiently and possess a strong analytical skill set to research, analyze and summarize data in a simple format, and communicate the information clearly to help guide the owners’ decision making.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and underwrite potential acquisitions, redevelopments, and ground-up developments.
- Manage acquisition due diligence and closing process.
- Develop and maintain overall project budget and schedules.
- Create and maintain quality financial models using Excel and Argus.
- Prepare investment summaries and assist in coordinating transactions with equity and debt partners including maintaining data rooms and transfer of materials.
- Assemble market research on demand fundamentals and maintain competitive set analysis for each property type/submarket.
- Monitor and execute on the approved annual real estate asset strategy to ensure achievement of targeted financial results.
- Work diligently with external partners, including property managers, contractors, accountants, leasing agents and other professionals to ensure optimal real estate performance.
- Support disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing.
- Prepare a variety of analyses and reports and participate in special projects as needed.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or real estate required
- 7+ yrs. of commercial real estate exposure
- Experience within the multifamily/residential sector is a plus
- Experience with ground up development is a plus
- Experience with creating and manipulating complex financial models and underwriting commercial real estate properties and projects (Multi-building sites and public-private development experience a plus)
- Proficient with Argus and MS Excel; experience with market research services a plus
- Ability to communicate information succinctly and anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with a focus on meeting deadlines
- Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with ownership as well as having strong leadership skills to manage a team for a deal
- Strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty, integrity and discretion
Contact: Farpoint Development offers a salary commensurate with qualifications including medical, dental and paid time off. Candidate should be prepared to submit references, if requested.
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.