Founded in 1965, Lincoln Property Company is one of the largest and most respected diversified real estate development and investment companies in the United States with regional operations for the Midwest in Downtown Chicago. This consistently growing entrepreneurial company has acquired and/or managed and leased a real estate portfolio in excess of $12 billion with a commitment to quality and long-term financial performance. We are active in the acquisitions, development, property management, leasing, and asset management of commercial and residential real estate in major cities throughout the United States. Lincoln Advisors, the advisory services group, has been particularly active over the last few years acquiring and developing numerous projects and providing expert advisory and other property services to pension funds.
The position of Portfolio Analyst is to be based in LPC’s Midwest regional office located in downtown Chicago. Reporting to the President of LPC’s pension fund advisory unit in Chicago, the Portfolio Analyst will assist in analyzing real estate investment opportunities across the United States, with a particular focus in office and medical office investments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working directly with brokers and Regional Staff across the country to assist in the review, analysis, and due diligence of new acquisitions;
- Analyzing lease structure and financing impacts on asset and portfolio value;
- Reviewing third-party appraisals and preparing internal valuations;
- Preparing market research reports and property acquisition recommendations;
- Tracking market statistics and assisting in preparing hold/sell analyses used in ongoing assessment of portfolio assets and asset dispositions;
- Preparing client reports and support schedules
Self-motivation, an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, strong organizational skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills are all crucial to the success of this position. We seek candidates with a flexible schedule and the ability to meet deadlines critical to the fund’s performance.
A Bachelor's degree is required with coursework in real estate, finance, and/or accounting recommended. 0-2 years of commercial real estate work experience is required and a focus in medical office underwriting is a plus. Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Argus software is required.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
Less than 1 year
This job is no longer active.