Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Aligned with more than 100 investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with our significant co-investment in all programs. USAA Real Estate has achieved a track record of success living up to the high standards set at USAA and sharing its mission and culture of service. USAA Real Estate is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
The Analyst provides support to Asset Managers and assists with the financial and operational oversight of commercial real estate assets, including, but not limited to financial analysis, prospective leasing, capital projects, valuation, property-level, and portfolio reporting, interaction with property management team, and the implementation of comprehensive asset strategies.
- Assist with leasing activity for assigned properties including the financial analysis of prospective leases, routine communication with leasing teams, tenant lease negotiations, credit underwriting of prospective tenants, interaction with landlord’s legal team, and the submittal of required internal documentation.
- Provide support to asset managers by maintaining a high level of knowledge on market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, supply/demand, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Prepare detailed financial analyses of real estate assets including, but not limited to the following: discounted cash flow analysis, time-weighted returns, leveraged and unleveraged IRRs, equity multiples, promote calculations, and other various financial and performance measurement metrics.
- Perform property-level market valuations for assigned real estate assets each quarter. Maintain ARGUS and DCF models to support market valuations. Provide support and oversight of external appraisals.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budgeting process for assigned properties. Assist with the review of annual CAM reconciliations. Create variance reports and cash reforecasts as required.
- Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely completion of property-level and portfolio reporting such as annual business plans, quarterly fund reports, monthly status reports, investor specific reports, and other reports as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership by assisting with the timely resolution of various property-level issues. Resolve with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Provide secondary support to the Portfolio Management and Dispositions departments as required. May also support other departments with various projects related to Acquisitions, Development, and Capital Markets.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Business, Accounting or related field.
- 0 – 3 years of commercial real estate industry work experience.
- of financial analysis concepts.
- Ability to travel, if needed. Ability to regularly work extended hours.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.