TruAmerica Multifamily is a Los Angeles-based investment firm specializing in acquisitions, value added asset management, capital improvement renovations and rehabilitation of Class B or better multifamily housing in the Western United States. With over 38,330 apartment units currently under management, TruAmerica has cultivated the best talents in the industry to create a first-class multifamily investment platform.
Direct, oversee, and coordinate construction project management activities associated with the renovation and improvement of the Firms’ apartment communities.
- Audit property manager’s tracker to ensure the following parameters follow the business plans goals.
- Actual Cost compared to budget
- Rent lift
- Identify material discrepancies between budget and actual for above parameters.
- Work with AMs, CMs and PMs to resolve cost, timing, etc. discrepancies.
- Ensure accuracy and uniformity of the unit trackers.
- Train PMs on using TruAmerica’s trackers.
- Prepare unit trackers for new acquisitions.
- Compare pricing of similar scope in similar market to ensure all properties use the best pricing.
- Work with TA and PM accountants to ensure only renovation costs as outlined in the business plans are posted to renovations.
- Perform the above tasks on a quarterly cycle for all active properties.
Preferred Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Very Strong Excel Skills.
- Experienced in property management accounting.
- Audit Experience Preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of 3-4 Story; Stick Frame, Type V Vertical construction and older brick buildings for rehab and remodeling projects.
- 2-4 years construction experience as a Project Superintendent and or Project Manager.
- Experienced managing subcontractors and vendors.
- Experienced scheduling and managing site work.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgment.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently with a positive high energy attitude.
- Travel throughout region on demand as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit/ stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to move freely for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to hear; must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
Why Join TruAmerica Multifamily?
- We’ll give you the autonomy and resources to make an impact
- Competitive Compensation and Bonus Eligibility
- Opportunity to invest with other employees in an executive pool
- Employer sponsored benefits (Medical, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability and Life) package including 401k with employer matching contribution
- Competitive Vacation that respects your time away to observe, have fun or simply rejuvenate
- Generous employee engagement initiatives, training and more!
TruAmerica Multifamily is proud of our commitment to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE...
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.