As a Commercial Real Estate Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to join a growing bank in a fast paced/entrepreneurial environment, reporting to the Head of Commercial Real Estate. In this role, you’ll support Relationship Managers, analyzing and evaluating prospective commercial mortgage loans, as well as assist in managing the overall Bank real estate portfolio. The position offers the chance to learn, or deepen your knowledge of, the industry while interacting with some of New York’s most successful and active real estate owners and developers. Working in a small institution, you will be intimately involved in all aspects of risk management and play a vital role in meeting growth projections, with the long-term goal of growing into a full relationship manager position.
- Assist Relationship Managers to analyze and evaluate prospective commercial mortgage loans;
- Use Argus and Excel to derive property values, analyze cash flows, and calculate DSCR, Debt Yield and LTV;
- Assist Relationship Managers to prepare initial term sheet drafts;
- Prepare preliminary investment committee draft memorandum;
- Perform site and market inspections;
- Aid Relationship Managers in closing loans;
- Aid the Servicing Department with Borrower requests related to existing loans;
- Prepare ad hoc reports for Upper Management, Regulators, Investors, and Board Members related to the real estate portfolio general makeup and risk profile;
- Work with appraisers, brokers, and online services to obtain and validate market information; and
- Review leases and rent rolls.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in finance, economics, real estate, accounting or related subjects. Post graduate education or relevant experience as a lender, appraiser, underwriter, equity analyst (1 – 3 years) a plus;
- Strong analytical and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Excel including the ability to perform cash flow analyses and create financial models. Working knowledge of Argus a plus
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate and lending fundamentals;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire to work at a high level, learn, take ownership of assigned tasks, and work extended hours as necessary; and
- Ability to undertake detailed oriented analyses to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations.
College degree or equivalent work experience
Interested applicants are asked to apply on the company website
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.