Forum Investment Group is seeking a senior member of the Forum team responsible for the company’s direct real estate investment activities including the acquisition of existing multifamily properties and development sites in designated markets. This includes all multifamily property types, market analysis/selection, deal sourcing, underwriting, preparing investment committee materials and relationship-building, and assisting in identifying development sites and other investment opportunities in designated markets Also, responsible to work with the Portfolio Management team and senior management to establish the company’s short-term and long-term investment strategies aimed at expanding the company’s portfolio and maximizing the value of its portfolio.
- Responsible for the sourcing, underwriting and execution of investment opportunities in designated markets, working with leadership, Portfolio Management and other departments to create a business plan for each investment opportunity.
- Develop, maintain, and manage real estate network to source investment opportunities, including spending significant time in the designated markets.
- Track and maintain a pipeline of deals whether they are on market, off-market, or have sold to another buyer.
- Assist in preparing investment presentations and offering memorandums for each acquisition to include detailed business plans that have annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Assist in creating comprehensive due diligence procedures on investment opportunities, including market, site and zoning assessments
- Work with Manager and Executive Leadership to help structure, negotiate, and close transactions.
- Assist in the developing, communicating, and implementation of the investment strategy to include the potential of assisting raising capital and identifying equity partners.
- Represent Forum at industry events.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of real estate investment experience in the multifamily industry.
- Experience working across the full timeline of a deal including initial review, underwriting, investment committee, due diligence, development (as appropriate) and asset management.
- Experience and comfort to independently field investor questions.
- Excellent financial modeling, research, quantitative and analytical skills combined with a growing network of relationships to source investment opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with internal and external business partners, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to senior management and clients.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently and within a fast-paced, team environment.
- Highly organized and skilled at prioritization and time management.
- Adept communicator both orally and written.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in performance.
- Adaptable, able to quickly respond to changing conditions and requirements without missing a beat.
- Effective problem-solver, able to quickly assess a situation and provide new, creative solutions.
- Proactively and independently gather information and answers to facilitate and execute duties.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
Key Job Competencies:
- Communication-Maintains excellent direct dialog with senior leadership, peers, associates and outsiders.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost-Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Professional (dependable)
- Focus on results
- Analytical, problem solver
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Emotional intelligence
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Continuous learning
- Maintains quality standards
- Blaze the future. Take initiative. Push what’s possible. Own your path but stay nimble. Embrace change, take risks and always challenge the status quo. (Entrepreneurial)
- Dare to be clear. Certainty is impossible, but clarity is essential. Eliminate the noise and focus your strategy to achieve something better, something great. (Clear)
- Stay open. Have the courage to make yourself vulnerable. Communicate honestly and respectfully. Share mistakes and trust one another. (Vulnerable, Transparency)
- Make it better together. Go all in. Get messy. Welcome new ideas and share yours freely. Be a sponge. Bump heads. Take it out. Listen. Learn. Repeat. (Collaborative)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- No certifications required
Please submit your resume and transactions deal sheet to be considered for this role.
- Capital Markets
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.