Analyst, Asset Management
Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $17.6 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
This role is part of the Core and Value-Add (“CVA”) platform, which includes both funds and separate accounts with asset strategies ranging from core to value-add to ground-up development. this role will work on a collaborative team directly supporting Vice President(s) covering major Midwest, South and Northeast regions and will work closely with the Asset and Portfolio Management Teams and occasionally with the Acquisition Team. There is a lot of room for growth and development for the right candidate! This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. Office, industrial and retail property types will be analyzed and monitored.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and portfolios including (1) analysis of leasing, financing, budgeting, joint venture and hold/sell decisions and (2) internal rate of returns, time-weighted returns, sensitivity tables, property valuations, cash-on-cash returns and various other return metrics.
- Assist in preparation and review of asset-level annual budgets and portfolio-level annual strategic business plans for clients.
- Prepare preliminary internal asset valuations, using a discounted cash flow and/or direct capitalization approach, for Investment Committee review and participate in internal quarterly valuation meetings.
- Coordinate asset appraisal process, review quarterly appraisals for accuracy and provide feedback to appraiser.
- Analyze lease transactions, perform tenant credit review as needed, and assist in the preparation of lease agreements including coordinating with legal counsel and leasing brokers.
- Review quarterly reports including rent rolls, returns, operating statements, legal matters and capital expenditures.
- Interface with leasing/sales brokers, property managers, portfolio analysts, lenders, operations/accounting teams, legal counsel, clients and other market contacts to obtain information pertinent to existing assets as well as pursuit and disposition efforts.
- Assist in disposition process, including preparation of return metrics and sales rational for Investment Committee review, interfacing with sales brokers and legal counsel, and coordinating closing and post-closing efforts.
- Work with the Accounting Team to ensure that operating results and other reporting requirements are completed accurately and on time by operating partners.
Skills and Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- Candidates should have 2 to 3 years of real estate industry experience, preferably at least two years working specifically on corporate real estate assets.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and preferably Argus.
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, time-weighted returns and present value/discounted cash flows.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.