Come grow with us!
Sares Regis Multifamily Funds were established in 2013, in conjunction with the closing of its first commingled private equity fund, as a platform to build from Sares Regis Group’s longstanding success as a best in class operator focused on multifamily investments in the Western US. Now, with over $1.7 billion invested to date and finishing deployment of capital on its third Fund we are anticipating further growth with Fund IV. The Firm leverages its vertical integration with an expanded dedicated team and affiliated property management capabilities to successfully transform underperforming multifamily assets into vibrant communities across key Western US markets including California, Seattle, Portland, Denver and Phoenix. Current expansion geographic growth will add Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Dallas and Austin to the Fund’s focus.
The Director of Capital Projects (DCP) is a key senior level position, responsible for leadership and management of our capital projects team in the planning and execution of multi-family renovations, capital improvements and construction project management across the Fund portfolio of investments. This will include working closely with members of the SRG Fund team, outside contractors, our affiliated property management team, and direct management of a team of Project and Contract Managers.
The DCP will provide oversight, leadership and direct project management to prosecute the Fund’s Capital Project property initiatives and business plans to ensure projects are completed on schedule, and within budget. Primary duties include:
- Assist in the creation of the business/investment plan with the acquisitions' team
- Work with various team members and consultants in the project planning stage (e.g. architects, engineers, designers, contractors, and vendors).
- Perform detailed due diligence on prospective acquisitions for renovations/capital projects
- Manage the capital/renovation budget to ensure adherence to the approved business plan and to forecast renovation spend for each asset
- Maintain project schedules and ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Oversee Project Managers and Contract Administrator
- Review and approve invoices for payment processing
- Execute capital projects through:
- Work with various constituents to implement renovations/capital projects
- Requesting proposals from contractors/vendors
- Evaluation of proposals and RFI’s
- Contract generation
- Initiate/review contracts based on accepted proposal
- Review and approve contract documents
- Initiate/review/approve change orders to contracts
- Project and team management/scheduling
- Ensure adherence to project specifications and plans.
- Project close-out/completion
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Weekly renovation update
- Update weekly projects report; progress, costs, variances and scheduling
- Assist in updating monthly IC Fund Report (capital projects related items)
Qualified candidates should have a bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a project, engineering, or real estate related focus. A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the construction/ renovation industry. An engaging persona with a proven track record leading and managing teams. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in all areas of construction with an emphasis on renovation and remodeling preferably in multifamily housing and have a network of contractors, vendors and suppliers to draw from. Computer literacy is mandatory (MS Word, Excel, MS Project). Travel is required. We are seeking local candidates as this position requires in-office attendance.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K match and more!
- Project Management
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.