Avistone, a commercial real estate investment firm with a 3.7 million square foot portfolio and national footprint, is seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented Vice President of Acquisitions to join our newly formed hospitality group who will assume hands-on responsibility for sourcing, underwriting, negotiating purchase agreements, overseeing due diligence and closing the acquisition of hotel properties and non-performing/defaulted hotel notes throughout the U.S. The successful candidate will have an extensive analytic and financial background in hotel lending and/or investments.
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED REMOTELY ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
- Source hotels/hotel note acquisition opportunities via our extensive broker database and your own existing relationships with sellers and lenders
- Continue to develop the broker/lender database and relationships
- Work with the Acquisitions Manager to collect, organize, review and analyze due diligence information
- Formulate offers to purchase and negotiate the terms of the purchase
- Work closely with General Counsel to negotiate executable purchase agreements
- Oversee the development of sophisticated financial models including complex financing and waterfall cash flow elements
- Manage due diligence, escrow and the closing process for acquisitions
- Assist the Vice President of Investor Relations in interactions with and analyses for investors
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive hotel lender relationships
- Exceptional modeling, Excel skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and display good judgment
- Ability to communicate with brokers, lenders, sellers, legal counsel, high net-worth individuals and institutional investors in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Fresh and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain quantity without sacrificing quality
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate, accounting or a related field
- 5+ years of full-time experience in hotel acquisitions and/or lending
- Ability to travel as necessary at times with short notice
- Competitive salary and bonus or success fee structure
- Participation in the executive team profit sharing pool
- Generous health, dental, vision care insurance package
- Paid sick, holiday and vacation time
- Upbeat and collaborative company culture
- Can be located in our Lone Tree (Denver), CO corporate office or San Diego, CA office or remotely anywhere in the U.S.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.