Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Aligned with more than 100 investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with our significant co-investment in all programs. USAA Real Estate has achieved a track record of success living up to the high standards set at USAA and sharing its mission and culture of service. USAA Real Estate is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
The Manager/Director, Performance Measurement works closely with the Head of the Portfolio Analytics Team and the senior leadership team to synthesize and interpret performance at the firm, sponsored programs, and underlying investment levels. This position will assist in delivering actionable performance-based insights that are capable of influencing senior management's decision making.
- Manage/Assist in the calculation of recurring performance measures, including money (IRR) and time-weighted returns, equity multiples, waterfalls and related incentive fees and promotes relied upon by business units and disclosed in both investor reports and financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Manage data streams to benchmark service providers, interpret performance results through the use of attribution methods and communicate results to senior management and colleagues both orally and in written form, as required.
- Interpret and summarize quarterly NCREIF index releases relied upon for benchmarking purposes and use related querying and analytical tools to glean insights into relative performance.
- Collaborate with IT and related personnel to further automate performance calculations through Yardi’s performance-based system. To that end, assist IT and provide oversight of independent contractors in efforts to assemble, validate and store performance-related data from multiple sources into system.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of baseline models that are relied upon by the Portfolio Analytics unit in performing further sensitivity and scenario ad-hoc analyses.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring of performance-based work flows amongst the Accounting, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Global Investors Group (GIG), and Marketing units to streamline and ensure an efficient quarter-end reporting process.
- Closely interact with and assist the Portfolio Analytics and GIG units in responding in a timely and accurate manner to ad-hoc portfolio management and client performance-based requests.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of Performance Measurement or relevant quantitative experience.
- Fundamental understanding of performing recurring performance measure calculations, as well as interpreting and communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, business cycles, and monetary policies and their interrelated relationships with the institutional real estate industry and direct and indirect influence on performance.
- Progress towards or willingness to pursue the CIPM Certificate or CFA Charter or CAIA Certificate
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- Ability to work with colleagues to achieve broader organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under recurring time constraints.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill.
- Proficiency in Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.