The Newmark Debt & Structured finance team is looking to bring on a VP/Director to join the New York office. The team is currently comprised of 18 real estate investment banking professionals from various real estate finance backgrounds. The VP/Director will be joining a highly active team that has executed on $25 billion volume of mandates over the last 18 months. This position is focused on the execution and placement of debt and equity as well as loan sales. Will work in a high-energy environment.
- Lead and/or participate in the marketing campaign of large, institutional financing opportunities – interacting daily with clients and capital providers – ultimately arranging and procuring capital for clients.
- Lead recurring marketing update calls with clients on a weekly basis for live assignments and transactions.
- Must be able to negotiate structured financing arrangements with lenders across all asset classes and product types (i.e. senior mortgage, subordinate debt, preferred equity, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation of pitch materials and offering memorandums for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and transaction narratives.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and Newmark Knight Frank appraisal, valuation and leasing data / comps to quickly and accurately underwrite a variety of different transactions
- Must understand and review real estate documents (term sheets, leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to quickly identify relevant information.
- Network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
- Participate in weekly pipeline meetings to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience in financial analysis environment; real estate investment banking or commercial real estate lending.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive, anticipate demands and accomplish tasks with minimal direction and oversight.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with clients including their top-level executives.
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Capital Markets
This job is no longer active.