Fundrise is a direct-to-consumer investment platform, unbundling services historically provided by banks and rebuilding the entire financial industry ecosystem from the ground up around individuals rather than institutions.
Fundrise was started with the simple idea to use technology to build a better financial system for the individual — lowering the costs, improving the quality, and broadening the access. After launching in 2012, the team has built an entirely new ecosystem, outside the conventional financial services industry, and in doing so eliminated the high costs and poor incentives that had become all too common with the status quo. Today, Fundrise has over a million members, 150,000 active investors, and more than $1 billion equity under management, with a many year company track record of growing +100% annually.
Technology allows us to build a better financial system, vertically integrating from the end user to the assets on a single integrated infrastructure. The result leaves behind a century of legacy systems and outdated assumptions, completely re-envisioning a financial industry that puts the investor first.
As part of a recent growth, Fundrise is launching the Home Platform to build, acquire, and operate a platform of homes across the country. The goal is to leverage technology to reinvent housing for the 21st century, designed around the concept of “home as a service”, develop an operating platform that integrates into the Fundrise investment platform, and targets owning a portfolio of 25,000 homes across the country (+$5 billion of assets).
Fundrise is seeking to identify and hire a Director - Fundrise Homes Platform Operations that would build, refine, execute and manage the property operations, asset management, reporting, accounting and portfolio analytics processes within the new division of the company. The successful candidate will not only build a strong process for the Homes line, but also leverage the ongoing data gathered and property performance to refine the investment strategies and acquisition parameters as well as serve as a key connector to other departments including accounting, valuation and other real estate business lines including multifamily.
• Work as a leader with responsibility for execution, reporting and management of the single family asset portfolio.
• Coordinate the monitoring and reporting of portfolio performance as well as portfolio-driven data analytics.
• Help establish a culture of performance and operating principles for the successful implementation of those strategies.
• Assist in the scaling operation of a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of housing; provide oversight and guidance across asset management, operations, reporting, and dispositions.
• Ensure that the Home Platform is managed as efficiently and profitably as possible.
• Have a positive impact on the firm’s culture, and how people work well together towards a common goal.
The Director – Fundrise Homes Platform Operations should bring extensive experience in single family or multifamily property management, asset management, and/or portfolio management. The successful candidate should possess strong business acumen, display sound judgment, possess superior leadership skills, and convey credibility both inside the firm and to the greater market. Additionally, the candidate should be passionate about working within a fast-paced, growing, and innovative platform.
• A minimum of 5 to 7+ years of relevant single family or multifamily experience.
• Successful track record of professional advancement, including time spent leading a team in the management and operation of a portfolio of assets.
• Extremely high level of conscientiousness towards work product.
• Excellent problem-solving skills applied proactively with an eye towards constant improvement.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and management skills; strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience in providing leadership to a team and bringing structure to an organization.
• Team oriented and possess a track record in developing strong relationships across a business.
• Ability to think broadly and strategically and work within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, growing environment. Demonstrates high energy, intensity, discipline, and attention to detail.
• Highly collaborative nature, being most productive working in a team environment. Capable of fitting within the Fundrise team.
• Self-guided work ethic with results-driven orientation. Superior analytical, quantitative, and technical skills.
• Strong history of academic and professional achievement. Undergraduate degree required.
The Company is prepared to pay a market competitive and performance driven compensation package.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.