SOME Inc. exists to help the homeless and poor of Washington, DC. With over 30 programs throughout the District of Columbia, we provide a wide spectrum of services to the most vulnerable individuals and families of our city. We strive to provide success paths toward mental and physical health, continued sobriety, job training and employment with a living wage, affordable housing, and ultimately living independently and confidently.
SOME Inc. is currently seeking a full-time
Position Description: The Multifamily Asset Manager is responsible for developing and implementing SOME Housing Asset Management plans and strategies. The Multifamily Asset Manager will communicate expectations and obligations through Chief Administrative Officer and the Sr. Property Manager. The Multifamily Asset Manager will also monitor and report on performance to optimize the ongoing value and quality of the asset portfolio.
Knowledge of Year 15 conversions (LIHTC) a PLUS!!!!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Required: Bachelor’s degree (prefer concentrated studies in real estate, business or finance). 3+ years’ experience in affordable housing asset management.
Preferred: Master's degree (prefer concentrated studies in real estate, business or finance). 3+ years’ experience in affordable housing asset management. Professional training or certification in Asset Management
Required License/Certification: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to utilize financial reporting to evaluate properties and develop recommendations
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Develop clear and useful reporting
- Time managements skills and the ability to deliver against deadlines
- Ability to communicate with various populations
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to deliver critical information while being supportive of teammates
- Oversee and analyze the accuracy of information in assigned portfolio financials. Analyze property performance, valuation, market trends and operational strengths and weaknesses to inform strategies for maximizing value to the company and quality operations of the property.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of each project within SOME’s portfolio and create and maintain an asset management plan.
- Oversee, analyze and report on financial performance, budgets and occupancy including monitoring for stabilization benchmarks to report to Housing Development and Investors in order to release equity installments.
- Develop recommendations related to portfolio profile, deployment and redeployment, acquisition, refinance, disposal or retirement of housing assets.
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.