DH Property Holdings is a Manhattan based real estate investment and asset management firm with an extensive track record acquiring underperforming assets. Founded and led by Dov Hertz in November of 2016, DHPH has acquired properties over $1.25 Billion in Real Estate and is currently developing over 3 Million Square Feet on infill industrial buildings across the Northeast.
The Controller will manage all aspects of day to day accounting & financial reporting. Responsibilities will be broad, including working day-to-day on the property and project accounting. The Controller will be responsible for ensuring all monthly and quarterly accounting procedures are adhered to. This is a great role for an experienced accountant from the real-estate industry looking for a new challenge!
- Directs and supervises all accounting functions to ensure adherence to all equity and financing requirements
- Supervise daily financial and accounting operations and lead and support monthly and annual GL close
- Review monthly bank account reconciliation for all checking and depository accounts
- Review check disbursement packages for completeness, proper approval and accuracy for check requests
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of monthly financial reports, including analyzing budget vs. actual results and reviewing them with senior management
- Prepare monthly loan draws and oversee the loan accounting functions, including interest calculation, reconciliation of loan balance with bank, reporting, etc.
- Assist in the completion of annual audits including Company year-end financial statement audit, internal compliance audits, and other land or joint venture audits
- Actively participate in the accounting human resource strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
- 3 + years of experience in accounting, ideally in the property management / real-estate industry.
- Development and Construction accounting experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel (intermediate level), Word, Outlook, and reporting skills
- Working knowledge of Quick Books a plus
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.