Senior Analyst – Asset Management and Portfolio Management
Clarion Partners, an SEC registered investment adviser with FCA-authorized and FINRA member affiliates, has been a leading U.S. real estate investment manager for more than 38 years. Headquartered in New York, the firm has offices in major markets throughout the U.S. and Europe. With over $50 billion in total assets under management, Clarion Partners offers a broad range of both debt and equity real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum to its more than 350 domestic and international institutional investors. More information is available at .
Primary responsibilities will include assisting with portfolio management, asset management and acquisition duties including modeling, client reporting, property valuation analysis, lease analysis and special projects for select separate account and fund portfolios.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports
- Assist with the analysis for new investments to ensure that the opportunity meets the goals and objectives of the portfolio, including market reviews, analyzing rollover exposure, confirming return thresholds and assessing concentration risks.
- Subject to client capital availability, participate in the due diligence and closing processes for new investments, including pro forma analysis, undertaking detailed analyses of a property's market and competitive position, tenant interviews, engaging third party market resources for information to complement the investment underwriting process, and other pertinent property-level factors and market feasibility review.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios
- Maintain portfolio cash flow and investment return models
- Maintain property valuation files including conducting periodic internal valuations for business plans and specific deal analysis.
- Review annual operating budgets & business plans
- Analyze lease transactions and prepare tenant credit reviews
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Maintain fund and portfolio organizational documents and processes
- Interact with senior level Asset Managers in order in order to gain information necessary to update assumptions in valuation models and report to portfolio managers
- Communicate back to Asset Managers important valuation-oriented property level targets for budgeting purposes
- Relative to portfolio management activities, interact directly with the client to support investment management activities.
- Administer valuation information exchange for valuations with third party appraiser
- Process client ad hoc information requests
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
- Financial Modeling experience.
- Competency in Argus, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 2-4 years of experience in real estate or financial services.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management, portfolio management and marketing.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.