Broadshore Capital Partners, a leading national real estate investment firm, delivers value creation strategies that leverage its expertise in multiple real estate product types, while maintaining its longstanding commitment to client service through a fiduciary mindset and transparency.
Headquartered in Los Angeles and formerly known as Lowe Enterprise Investors, Broadshore Capital Partners manages approximately $1.5 billion in assets and intends to grow aggressively in the next five-year period. Broadshore maintains a regional office in New York and has individuals located in Seattle, Phoenix and Denver.
As our Assistant Controller, you will manage our financial reporting process for several clients as well as corporate books, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, third party audits, tax filings, budgets and forecast and lender requirements. You will supervise portfolio accountants who are responsible for preparation and analysis of consolidated financial statements for various portfolios of properties and the corporate entity. You will interact with our Client Account/Portfolio Manager, our CFO and our Parent Company Finance Team to ensure that all client reporting, internal reporting, and other financial requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. You will oversee the treasury function with our Portfolio Controller and our CFO. You will assist in maintaining and improving our usage of Yardi Accounting Software, and you will evaluate the internal control environment as it relates to our reporting and accounting function.
Additional responsibilities include
- Oversee portfolio and corporate reporting process for multiple clients/funds to ensure financial requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with Client Account/Portfolio Manager to monitor financial results for all properties in a portfolio to ensure compliance with internal processes as well as client requirements.
- Work with our CFO and our parent company to ensure all corporate internal processes and procedures are documented and effectively implemented and followed.
- Review monthly and quarterly fund consolidations prepared by portfolio analysts and accountants.
- Review property and portfolio level financial statements.
- Oversee audit process, tax filings, portfolio cash management, and capital contribution and distribution requirements as well as budget and forecasting for the Corporate entity.
- Supervise portfolio/corporate accountants and assist the CFO in managing the Accounting function.
- Conduct yourself with the highest level of business integrity.
- Understand and interpret various contracts, including investment management contracts, partnership agreements, and loan documents to ensure compliance.
- Review cash projections and other financial analyses.
As our Assistant Controller you will report to our Chief Financial Officer.
You have four to six years of real estate accounting experience gained at a private operating company, REIT, investment manager or public accounting platform. You possess exemplary interpersonal skills and are comfortable as a senior member of the Finance/Accounting Department. You have strong management, mentoring review and motivation skills to manage staff members.
You have strong knowledge of real estate accounting and you are comfortable in explaining accounting concepts to our staff, outside auditors, real estate personnel within Broadshore, and Broadshore’s parent company accountants.
You have a proactive, energetic, creative disposition and you are capable of solving problems independently with resourcefulness and through the effective management of others. You are strategic and hands on in orientation to ensure proper execution
Additional qualifications include
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or an equivalent course of study.
- 4-6+ years Accounting and Financial Reporting experience required.
- Real estate experience required.
- Public accounting experience and CPA are strongly preferred.
- Strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to understand and evaluate property operations, cash projections, budgets, financial models, fee calculations and complex organizational structures.
- Knowledge of GAAP related to the real estate industry.
- Strong financial background and the ability to develop financial analyses and reports.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Broadshore is prepared to pay a market competitive and performance driven compensation package.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.