Assistant Property Manager – Commercial Property Management
We are currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager to join our team in Rockville, MD.
Assistant Property Manager needed to assist our Director of Property Management in overseeing daily operations and financial performance of a six story 164,000 sf multi-tenant office building. 2 to 4 years of prior experience in commercial real estate management required. A motivated administrative assistant who is ready to take on the additional responsibility and advance his or her career in addition to a person who is currently an Assistant Property Manager searching for a clear career path are the ideal candidates.
Morning Calm Management owns and manages approximately five million square feet of office and retail properties throughout the United States. We are in growth mode and the environment is fast paced and demanding. The ideal candidate will be high energy, able to adapt in a dynamic environment, and will work well as part of the team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibilities will include the day to day operation of the asset, working with vendors to secure the best pricing, tenant relations and assisting with accounts receivable/payable
- Tracking certificates of insurance for tenants and vendors
- Assist with tenant collections, send out delinquency and reminder letters; prepare monthly delinquency report
- Assist with budget preparation and monthly financial reporting
- Review, code and process all property invoices for payment and approval
- Scheduling of vendor service calls
- Coordinates the move-in or move-out of tenants with all relevant parties
- Process work orders from the property’s tenants through the established work-order system
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the property and as directed by the Senior Property Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in Commercial Property Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working with real estate accounting applications (e.g. MRI, AMSI, YARDI, JD Edwards)
- Strong written and communication skills
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting functions
- Excellent organizational ability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Professional office demeanor
Desirable Additional Experience and Skills
- Experience working with work order systems, vendors and property inspections
- Mathematical & analytical skills
- Some knowledge of Construction Management including tenant fit ups and capital projects
We offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees. Total compensation to be commensurate with experience and background. We are a drug-free workplace. Extensive background and drug screening required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F – D/V
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job