Roundhouse, a rapidly growing owner, operator, and developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to fill a Senior Associate of Asset Management position. Founded in 2008, we have operations in four states with 2,800 multi-family units and over $600,000,000 of assets under management. We pride ourselves in challenging the status quo to identify emerging trends and markets that improve the lives of our residents and deliver superior returns to our partners. We take a long-term view that prioritizes community building and cultivates pride in the places we build and the cities we inhabit.
The Senior Associate will support all Asset Management efforts at Roundhouse. Primary areas of responsibility include executing business plans around investments and reporting financial performance to internal and external stakeholders. The role will also require extensive coordination with our Development, Accounting, and Property Operations teams. The Senior Associate will report to the COO. The position is based in Boise, Idaho and will require travel to oversee the performance of the Company’s out of state assets.
Acquisitions, Dispositions, and Refinancing
- Generate thorough underwriting of investment opportunities based on thoughtful business plans that seek to achieve Roundhouse’s financial and strategic goals.
- Coordinate with Development team on cost estimating, entitlement risk assessment, project schedules, and other inputs necessary for the evaluation of development opportunities.
- Develop Investment packages for the sourcing of project financing including Investment Overviews, Private Placement Memoranda, and Subscription Agreements.
- Analyze debt options for new acquisitions and existing property refinancing.
- Oversee property level due diligence including lease audits, physical condition, environmental, title, legal & governmental issues, and any other areas critical to the assessment of a project’s risks.
- Lead the closing process including coordinating loan closings, compliance with contractual timelines, assumption of contracts, and transition to Operations team.
- Position Roundhouse assets for disposition including engagement of Broker teams, oversight of marketing process, contract negotiation, buyer selection, and closing process.
- Maintain direct accountability for the performance of each individual asset and update the team as needed on the performance of investments and other key issues.
- Compile and report portfolio statistics to the executive team on a quarterly basis.
- Develop and oversee the execution of portfolio level business plans and annual property-level business plans and budgets.
- Lead any retail property leasing and marketing efforts including selecting and managing third-party brokerage teams, overseeing lease value analysis, pursuing tenant leads, and directly negotiating tenant lease renewals.
- Identify opportunities for value creation, and proactively responding to changes in property and/or market conditions to protect asset value.
- Implement property-level and fund-level monitoring and reporting processes and procedures to monitor risk, maintain asset quality, and clearly communicate progress with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with in-house property management teams to ensure operational excellence.
- Oversee timely execution of capital projects.
- Conduct regular site visits to asset portfolio to monitor asset and team performance.
- Manage the relationship with the insurance broker to ensure best coverage and pricing on renewals and timely processing of any claims.
- Build and maintain stable relationships with external stakeholders including JV partners, borrowers, and management companies, ensuring their adherence to business plans.
- Assist with the professional development, training, and mentoring of junior team members.
- Represent the firm and build the company’s brand through active participation in industry associations, events, networking, and other strategic initiatives.
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, open-ended tasks, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to innovate and think creatively.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in multi-family housing operations, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Deep understanding of real estate finance and accounting.
- Familiarity with real estate development process, entitlements, construction, community relations, and legal issues.
- 5+ years of consistent advancement within the multi-family industry (acquisitions, finance, accounting, legal, or other relevant experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or another related field.
- Superior MS Excel skills.
- Ability to travel regularly.
Salary & Benefits
Salary to be determined based on candidate experience and credentials.
Paid Time Off, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K with Employer Match, Education Assistance.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.