Real Estate Acquisitions
The Real Estate Housing Transaction job manages the acquisitions and dispositions of Nuveen Real Estate's housing real estate portfolio and provides support for its strategic relationships. Working under minimal supervision, this job is responsible for executing on new real estate and property investment opportunities, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates the compliance of all requirements for the closing and funding of real estate acquisition and development transactions.
- Reviews underwriting and analyzes market research of potential real estate investment opportunities that support the company’s real estate investment and financial objectives.
- Sources new real estate acquisition opportunities and tracks active deals in the market.
- Maintains external relationships with key market participants, investment sales, leasing brokers, and lenders.
- Investigates increased efficiencies in the budgeting and operations of real estate and property assets.
- Monitors the due diligence process for asset acquisition and property development opportunities.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
Evaluates investments and investment returns based on discounted cash flows, return on cost, development spreads and third-party leverage; analysis also to include impact of value-added opportunities, leverage, tax, and joint venture structures.
Lead the disposition process of housing investments across certain markets, including securing internal approvals and negotiation of key deal-related documentation.
Maintains complete and current knowledge of investment strategies and works with Head of Multifamily Acquisitions & Dispositions in the execution of investment strategy.
Collaborates with analyst and associate staff to prepare and oversee all investment authorizations and assures that all financial, market and risk analysis is correct and accurate.
Oversees (or undertakes directly) the coordination and compliance with all requirements for closing and funding of transactions.
Act as a resource to junior members of the team and provide mentoring support and guidance as a means of demonstrating leadership awareness.
Regularly travel to various markets for purposes of deal sourcing, evaluation, relationship building and obtaining market information.
- 7-10 years of transaction experience, preferably in the housing sector
- Demonstrable track record of transaction activity, preferably within the housing sector.
- Advanced analytical/reasoning skills to analyze disparate information flows based on market specific practice into a meaningful, relative-value basis.
- Advanced reasoning skills to effectively and timely identify viable investment opportunities which meet the long and short-term goals of multiple investor clients.
- Experienced and proficient in Excel.
- Investment Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.