Faropoint is seeking a Summer Analyst to join its Acquisitions team.
Established in 2012, Faropoint’s integrated investment platform targets the acquisition of industrial assets with approximately $600M and over 10M SF under management as of December 2020. The platform seeks to build and operate a portfolio diversified by both geography and tenancy, while targeting attractive risk-adjusted returns. The Summer Analyst will be responsible for conducting financial analysis and assist the acquisitions team across various investment activities. The small yet growing team structure allow for direct exposure to all facets of the investment and decision-making process.
- Drive analytical and project support for all investment activities; construct financial models, underwriting analyses, comparable analyses and other discrete financial analyses as well as asset due diligence and industry research
- Develop presentation materials including investment committee memoranda
- Liaise with external partners and due diligence advisors such as brokers, accountants, attorneys, and consultants during deal transaction
- Conduct exploratory macro market research and perform analytics on potential investment opportunities and themes
- Administer and manage various databases and information platforms
The ideal candidate will be someone who has great analytical horsepower, creative problem-solving skills, has a passion for investing and alternative asset management, and an ability to thrive in a lean team-setting and an entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution or rising seniors
- Experience in a real estate, finance, consulting or analytical role
- Strong modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meaningfully contributes to strategic dialogue and collaborates effectively with investment teams & external partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills; builds and maintains strong relationships/credibility with external counterparties
- Excellent ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Excels in a fast-paced, rigorous work environment; effectively prioritizes and meets deadlines
- High comfort level with the technology used to aid in collaboration, communication, and documentation
- Strong knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, and comfortable with various software’s
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job