Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Asset Managers in the management of a portfolio of performing and non-performing loans secured by commercial properties.
- Prepare drafts of memorandums with recommendations for a wide variety of consents.
- Provide due-diligence assistance including analysis of loan documents and servicing agreements.
- Track loan and property-level information, including financial statements.
- Analyze financial statements and rent rolls for various types of commercial properties. Analysis includes normalizing, reviewing and comparing operating expenses, rollover schedules, and where applicable, preparing trailing 12-month financials and proformas.
- Prepare select property & loan valuations in LNR’s proprietary cash flow model for review by Asset Manager (including gathering market data and speaking with local sources).
- Track servicing requests on selected assets and review servicing numbers for accuracy against loan documents.
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel, brokers and other third parties, as necessary.
- Research market, tenant and borrower information on public records databases, such as Bloomberg, Lexis/Nexis.
- Work with Asset Managers and legal counsel to review loan documentation as needed.
- Review lease terms and prepare lease approval memorandums.
- Analyze alternative workout scenarios using NPV analysis and participate in negotiations with Borrowers for non-performing loans.
- Underwrite prospective owners of property in connection with the assumption of the existing mortgage loan.
- Ad-hoc and miscellaneous projects that pertain to the efficiency of the Loan Asset Management department.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple people. Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Prior financial analysis, preferably in real estate, or other applicable real estate background.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related analytical field, with advanced degree in Business or Law preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 year’s related work experience in the real estate or finance fields.
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job