Black Creek Group is a leading real estate investment management firm that has bought or built over $23 billion of investments throughout its more than 25-year history. The firm manages diverse investment offerings across the spectrum of commercial real estate – including office, industrial, retail and multifamily – providing a range of investment solutions for both institutional and wealth management channels. Black Creek Group has seven offices across the United States with approximately 300 professionals and is a place for people who are driven to achieve, are never content with the status quo and who value collaboration and communication. We believe that if you love your job, it doesn’t feel like work.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at or our LinkedIn Page.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Multifamily Acquisitions, this AVP will join the team responsible for building and operating our growing multifamily portfolio within our diversified property fund. The multifamily portfolio currently consists of four properties in three states and is anticipated to expand. We are seeking someone who understands the importance of the technical skills relative to underwriting and asset analysis but will also eventually be able to take a front seat in sourcing new deals and building/maintaining relationships within the multifamily industry.
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Senior Vice President in the investment strategy, underwriting, reporting, research, financial analysis, and due diligence support. The job scope is broad and may expand over time, and as such it is important that the successful candidate be nimble and able to function in a truly entrepreneurial environment.
- Perform advanced modeling and valuation analysis for potential acquisitions.
- Create discounted cash flow models used to analyze returns for potential acquisitions.
- Underwrite property cash flows, market rents, property operations, etc.
- Monitor/manage transaction progress and assist with closing of acquisition targets in partnership with our due diligence team.
- Preparation and review of memos used to evaluate investment opportunities. Assist in the delivery of presentations to the investment committee and Board of Directors.
- Provide recommendations for investment decisions based on an empirical analysis of the relevant qualitative and quantitative data; provide an informed opinion of an investment’s merits.
- Professionally represent Black Creek Group to the broader real estate community (e.g., brokers, bankers and other service providers)
- Complete special projects as assigned
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive experience in multifamily real estate acquisitions, dispositions, or development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid proficiency in Argus Enterprise, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Argus certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive, intuitive, collaborative, self-motivated and team oriented. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
The anticipated range for this position is $125,000 - $155,000 annual base salary plus annual discretionary performance-based bonus. Actual pay may be adjusted based on experience and performance.
- Medical/Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, Health Savings Account with ability to earn company contributions, company paid short term and long-term disability, company paid and voluntary life insurance, EAP
- 401k plan with company match
- Flexible Time Off, parental leave
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job