About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘PUI’) is a vertically integrated multifamily owner, operator and investment manager headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with offices in New York, NY, Washington, D.C., Denver, CO, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, and Irvine, CA. PUI is an industry-leading multifamily specialist with expertise in executing core, value-add and opportunistic strategies. The firm invests its own partner capital and on behalf of institutional investor partners.
Since 1998, PUI has generated superior risk-adjusted returns on behalf of our investors, strategic partners, and shareholders. Our firm has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to the asset class. The senior management team has been in the apartment business for the entirety of their professional careers and bring decades of collective multifamily experience to our enterprise and our capital partners. PUI's core strengths include a highly disciplined proprietary research-based investment approach, keen sourcing focus on micro-market trends and fundamentals, and proactive and intense asset management. Our long operational experience in disruptive environments was key to meeting the challenges of the COVID crisis.
PUI offers sponsor stability, sophistication, and experience with fiduciary accountability. The firm currently manages over $5.0 billion of assets on behalf of its clients and is poised to secure additional institutional relationships to partner on real estate for years to come. The Analyst, Real Estate Capital Markets position will be instrumental in helping PUI accomplish these strategic growth goals.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Real Estate Capital Markets Analyst in our New York office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to analyze and assist with structuring core, value add and opportunistic vehicles and transactions, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with capital partners, investors, consultants, key industry players and PUI executives. This position is best suited for candidates with long term aspirations in the area of accessing and managing capital relationships, fundraising and investor relations.
Marketing and Business Development
- Support PUI’s business development and capital markets efforts for existing and strategic growth capital vehicles.
- Create and update collateral marketing materials.
- Modeling and structuring investment vehicles, portfolio “roll-ups” and other financial analysis.
- Update and maintain due diligence databases and respond to data requests from existing and prospective investors.
- Coordinate efforts and initiatives with PUI’s other verticals and key contributors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree required.
- A minimum of two to three years relevant experience.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills required.
- General understanding of real estate property metrics and exposure to the real estate fundraising process preferred.
- Understanding of private real estate investment products and vehicle structures is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with structured supervision.
- Proficient in advanced Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel as appropriate, but business travel is not required.
- Thank you for your interest in this position; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Pacific is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.
- Capital Markets
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.