Come join LA’s most innovative real estate investment and operating company! Rising Realty Partners currently owns and manages over 4 million square feet of office assets throughout the Western United States. From low rise suburban corporate structures to gorgeous historical assets downtown, our record of success in value-add investments is spurring growth, and with our new acquisitions in Industrial and Multi-family Buildings, we are looking for the most creative, driven and talented property managers the industry has to offer.
The Property Accountant position will handle full-cycle accounting for assigned properties in the portfolio. The primary responsibilities include maintaining the accuracy and integrity of property financial records.
- Handle accounting for assigned properties including preparation and analysis of the monthly financial package, general ledgers, and subsidiary ledgers
- Perform all month-end reconciliations and understand all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement accounts for assigned properties
- Review aging reports and expense ledgers to identify and recommend monthly accruals, potential reclassifications, and other appropriate actions
- Analyze property level results in comparison to budget/forecast including responding to inquiries
- Where needed, assist property manager with tenant billing and receipts
- Assist in the posting of tenant rents, if necessary.
- Assist with the year-end audit including preparation of audit schedules
- Assist in the preparation of annual CAM reconciliations and estimates
- Detail oriented - as reflected in accuracy and timeliness of work product
- Strong communicator – proactive and consistent communication. Ability to explain financial information and other ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Flexible – ability to handle change and growth
- Degree in Accounting or Related Field
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Previous property accounting experience in commercial real estate
- Real estate/property management experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Experience in Yardi or MRI
This job is no longer active.