About the Opportunity:
- Responsible for sourcing and organizing required data needed to respond to inquiries from investors, internal Prime team members, third party tax preparer(s), and vendors.
- Support the annual tax return compliance workstream by collecting, sorting, filing, and tracking internally and externally sourced data.
- Coordinate with external vendors on deliverables of tax documents, including but not limited to assisting in managing the annual tax return and tax extension filings process, and other tax reporting requirements (e.g., FATCA, CRS, Form 1099s).
- Assist in the quarterly tax estimate process, including REIT liquidity planning, tax estimate distribution statements to investors, quarterly tax distributions and the related estimated payment workstream.
- Review, research, and respond as necessary to various tax notices.
- Complete necessary research, including reviewing historical files and communicating directly with the IRS, FTB, and/or BOE in order to assist with tax questions related to property tax, franchise tax, and/or other indirect taxes.
- Support with cyclical REIT compliance and election maintenance.
- Support Senior Tax Manager on other technical topics including but not limited to: Personal Holding Company risk mitigation, UBTI risk mitigation, CLO risk analysis, and Original Issue Discount accretion and tracking.
- Support Senior Tax Manager in monitoring legislative changes in U.S. and foreign tax laws that may impact company’s tax positions, including tax accounting implications.
- Coordinate closely with Investor Relations, Legal and Accounting teams as needed in order to complete above listed responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or commensurate work experience required
- 3+ years of related tax experience required, preferably in a real estate and/or fund setting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with a particular focus on MS Excel required
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of our investors’, partners’, and internal affairs
- Flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with appropriate parties
- Experience using Yardi, or other accounting GL and Financial Reporting systems preferred