Tides Equities is a leading commercial real estate investment company specializing in acquiring and operating well-located Class B and Core Plus multifamily real estate with high value add upside. As one of the fastest growing multifamily firms in the country, Tides Equities’ success stems from our ability to execute at a higher level than the rest of the market, and any addition to the team will be expected to make a positive impact almost immediately after hiring. The company culture is very positive and team-oriented, and the immense growth trajectory provides virtually uncapped opportunity for upward mobility upon proving merit.
Tides Equities is seeking an experienced real estate professional with hands-on multifamily real estate experience to aid in the successful growth of the current portfolio of 25,000+ value-add multifamily units. Frequent visits to properties will be required, most of which will be in Texas, Nevada, or Arizona.
Applicants MUST have a minimum of 1-2 years of MULTIFAMILY asset management experience overseeing assets directly.
- Lead weekly calls with property manager and regional managers.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing execution of property business plans and ensure that we are charging the correct rents, RUBS, and misc. fees on a weekly and monthly basis, while working to increase rents and maximize property NOI monthly.
- Establish and send out renewal offers to property managers on a monthly basis.
- Update excel models and trackers on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Weekly auditing of property management marketing tactics and information made visible to the public.
- Ensure that lender and insurance required repairs are completed in a timely fashion, while also monitoring to ensure interior renovation goals are being met, and exterior upgrades and deferred capital improvements are completed.
- Communicate with contractors on a daily / weekly basis to ensure projects are being completed in a timely fashion.
- Perform ad hoc analysis.
- Conduct property onsite visits.
- Forge strong relationships with vendors, onsite staff and leadership to work through challenges and communicate concerns up internal and external chains of command when expectations are not being met.
- Review financials each month to ensure income and expense items are being coded correctly, performance objectives are being achieved, and / or identify solutions to correct deviations from projected figures.
- Complete and distribute monthly and quarterly financial reports for investors and lenders as necessary (analyst team will help as well).
- Assist with acquisitions, investors relations, and miscellaneous projects as deemed necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5+ years of full-time experience as an Asset Manager in the multifamily real estate sphere.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, real estate, or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Extremely thorough, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Proactive and diligent, with a strong work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Effective communicator, able to set priorities, provide direction, motivate on-site personnel, and measure performance of selected construction and property management teams to successfully execute value add business plans.
- Experience with property management software such as Appfolio is a plus.
- Ability to write and communicate in a highly professional, business manner.
- Strong track record of proven successful multifamily portfolio asset management (revenue enhancement, expense management, renovation projects, marketing programs, reputation management, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job