Avenida Partners is a boutique development company at the leading edge of the Active Adult (55+) apartment sector (). Founded in 1990 and based in Newport Beach, we’re active in dynamic locations including Denver, Nashville, Chicago, and Southern California with soon to be added markets including Phoenix and Seattle. We’re looking for a special team member who wants to grow with us and help analyze land acquisition opportunities and development feasibility.
As a Land Acquisition Analyst/Associate, you will be a highly valued and integral member of the development and land acquisition teams, expected to make substantial research and analytical contributions that will help drive our investment decisions. In your role you will have the opportunity for direct communication with the company principals and engagement with senior management in all aspects of the development process, including interaction with lenders and outside investors.
Our small team of 12 key people will be acquiring and developing multiple projects per year, so you will have a great opportunity for growth and personal expansion.
Role and Responsibilities
• Provide support to the land acquisition and development teams which will give you exposure to the financial structuring, design and pre-development, construction management, marketing and leasing, and property management.
• Perform feasibility analysis for various projects in different markets across the United States. Analyze the local economy, demographic trends, rental and for sale housing market to help identify development opportunities.
• Prepare detailed financial analyses of proposed developments including the preparation of budgets and property cash flows.
• Prepare investment summaries and other presentations for internal Investment Committee review.
• Cultivate new brokerage and industry contacts while expanding and maintaining existing professional relationships.
• Provide support to Finance and Capital Markets, Project Management, Construction, Sales and Marketing, Property Management, Accounting, and Dispositions/Acquisitions.
• A bachelor's degree in finance, real estate, economics or a related field with at least two years of relevant real estate experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to critically think and problem solve independently.
• A self-starting, team oriented approach with a commitment to make meaningful contributions.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability prioritize.
Compensation will be commensurate with current market but ultimately determined by experience, attitude and character.
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job