Job Title: Real Estate Research Associate
Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with exposure across a wide array of asset sectors and global markets. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Finance maintains a portfolio invested in commercial mortgage loans, agricultural mortgages, and real estate equity. MetLife Real Estate sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The real estate research analyst position plays a critical role in the MetLife Real Estate organization. The Associate will be tasked with developing innovative real estate investment strategies and providing economic, property market, and capital market analysis for the General Account and MetLife Investment Management’s (MIM) third-party debt and equity clients.
- Assess real estate and economic trends, identifying risks and opportunities for commercial mortgages and real estate equity investments across markets and property types
- Produce national and metro level real estate market analyses for internal and external clients covering markets in the U.S. and globally.
- Author thought provoking strategy whitepapers in addition to articles in leading industry publications
- Regularly interact with and present to members of the Real Estate senior leadership team to communicate potential investment ideas
- Actively participate in industry organizations to enhance the visibility of the MIM platform and expand the team’s knowledge of emerging industry trends
Partner with members of the regional office network to generate investment ideas and formulate tactical investment strategies; Work closely with members of the Institutional Capital Group in enhancing the profile of the MIM platform
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in real estate, economics, or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in real estate career through academic or industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced analytical skills and technical skills including high proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with real estate and economic data sources
Masters of Business Administration
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job