High level overview
This position supports senior members of Mission Capital Advisors, LLC in their residential and consumer whole loan sale efforts. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity. S/he will increase knowledge and experience in the performing/distressed/charge off residential and consumer loan trading business while gaining exposure to debt capital markets participants/customers, including commercial and investment banks, specialty finance companies, and funds.
What you'll be doing in the role:
1. Loan portfolio data review, normalization, stratification and analysis
2. Financial modeling and cash flow projections
3. Analysis of market data
4. Coordinate data transfer with servicers and third parties
5. Preparation of due diligence materials
6. Transaction status reporting
7. Interacting with investors
8. Assisting in closing transactions
9. Assist in responses to client RFPs
Ideal background & skills needed for the role:
1. Mortgage or structured products analyst training program at financial services firm (bank, consulting/accounting, REIT)
2. Prior career experience in structured products, consumer / mortgage finance or servicing
3. Strong MS Excel and database skills, visual basic and python scripting a plus, Tableau experience a plus
4. Financial modeling and data analysis skills should be second nature
5. Strong writing skills
6. Ability to learn quickly
7. Attention to detail
8. Ability to work as part of a team
9. Strong drive and desire to take on responsibility
10. Likes and prioritizes work
11. Genuine interest in consumer finance / debt capital markets
Location: Role will be based in Mission's NY office.
Background check: Thorough background check will be required of all candidates.
Mission Capital Advisors, LLC (and it's various entities) is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years