Due to the growth of our Colony Industrial Platform, we are seeking an Associate Vice President of Asset Management in our Dallas, Texas office. This position will report to a Vice President of Asset Management and be responsible for oversight of the operations of a portfolio of industrial properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight and direction of third party listing brokers and lease negotiation including financial terms and lease language.
- Oversight and direction of in-house or third party Property Managers, including A/R collection, capital expenditure review and approval, operating expense approval and overall property operations.
- Review and approval of annual property operation budgets including leasing, operating expenses and capital plans.
- Review and approval of mid-year property reforecasts including lease and capital timing.
- Review and approval of annual operating expense reconciliations.
- Travel to markets for property tours, property manager visits, tenant meetings and annual broker marketing events.
- Manage Annual NOI, Cash Flow and Capital Expenditure performance of portfolio consistent with property underwriting and corporate model returns.
- Quarterly review of property level Argus models used in corporate model, annual reforecast and budget creation.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related field required
- 5 plus years relevant experience preferred.
- Experience in financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, DSCR, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, and present value.
- Extensive experience with ARGUS, Microsoft Excel & excellent financial modeling skills
- Excellent research skills and aptitude to understand the dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and financial markets.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with real estate brokers, property managers, property accountants, attorneys, tenants and senior managers within various groups of the company or tenant’s organization.
- Strong negotiation skills to be used during new and renewal leases as well as lease administration.
- Team player and skills needed to work with individuals at all levels and disciplines.
- High attention to detail and ability to keep workload moving while traveling to markets.
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.