Private real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks Vice President, Leasing & Asset Management to join our accomplished team in our Indianapolis office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: In 2017 we executed over $1B in transactions. Our current portfolio spans 27 states and encompasses 35 million square feet, and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
The Vice President, Leasing & Asset Management will play a dynamic role overseeing all leasing and asset management activities for our Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, and Louisville portfolio which encompasses approximately 1.5 million square feet of assets. The Vice President will serve as the single point of contact for brokers and tenants and will be responsible for negotiating new leases, lease renewals/expansions, user sales, as well as oversee the overall investment performance. In addition to leasing and asset management responsibilities, the Vice President will be involved in the sourcing, and underwriting of new acquisition and development opportunities. The Vice President is a high-visibility role with direct lines to senior management as well as regular engagement with the CEO and CIO of the company.
- Develop the asset management strategy for the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, and Louisville markets with input and oversight from senior management.
- Establish and foster strong broker and tenant relationships to promote occupancy and portfolio retention rate.
- Regularly visit the properties in each market to keep constant contact with tenants, brokers, and vendors.
- Oversee the property management and work closely with contractors to expedite the space planning and tenant improvement process to maximize leasing velocity.
- Liaise with tenant contacts and manage the property management process to communicate property information and tenant space needs to appropriate parties.
- Negotiate and document new leases and renewals directly with tenants or via third-party leasing agents.
- Prepare, present, and execute comprehensive leasing plans for each asset with the goal of maximizing rents and creating value.
- Forecast competitive space availability for each property and develop marketing/pricing recommendations to maximize the asset value of each property
- Collect and organize market information including lease and sale comparables to gain a competitive advantage in the leasing and sales market.
- Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of property improvements designed to supplement the leasing process.
- Work with Acquisitions team on sourcing, underwriting and due diligence for new acquisitions and developments.
- Work with Dispositions team on due diligence and execution of sales and recapitalizations.
- Regularly review the portfolio for opportunities to upgrade tenancy, increase rent and term and improve lease language/provisions to add long-term value to the assets.
- Continuously evaluate operating cost by monitoring each property’s performance and results against approved budgets, recommending and/or approving necessary adjustments to achieve the scheduled cash flow or asset value objectives.
- Review monthly operating reports for each property including asset summary reports, financial statements, and variable explanations, leasing activity reports, rent roll, accounts receivable, fee schedules, and capital expenditure schedule. Use and implementation of lease administration software including VTS.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related work experience including industrial real estate property management/ lease administration, real estate brokerage, or
- Excellent skill working with legal documents especially leases; contract review and negotiation; full understanding of lease terminology, calculations, financial terms and principles
- Ability to analyze financial data per lease and industry standard data including market information, lease comps, sale comps and competitive property surveys
- Advanced skills in Excel; knowledge of Argus and VTS
- Entrepreneurial drive and proactive approach
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to senior management
- Exceptional attention to detail; superior critical thinking and analysis skills
- Asset Management
- Business Development
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.