Facilities Operations Manager
Tue. 05/08/18 11:59 PM Central Time
$57,328.96 - $90,987.52 Annually
The Building Management Division of the Facilities Services Department is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager (FOM) to provide operation and maintenance of the Hennepin County Government Center. Applicants must have reliable transportation, as this position will be on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The successful candidate must be able to pass an advanced background check.
The Facility Services Department is responsible for the comprehensive management of the county's properties and facilities to appropriately, safely, and effectively support county programs and services. This includes ensuring the provision of adequate facilities to meet current and future program needs through strategic facility development assistance to county departments and administration and the provision of project quality assurance through effective project development and implementation.
Employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work, competitive pay, real work-life balance, generous benefits and opportunities to grow. We want our employees to succeed--not only at work, but as they move through life and its milestones. Learn more at https://www.hennepin.us/employees.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position includes:
- Supervise county and contract employees; hire, train, manage, and evaluate performance.
- Perform routine building and grounds inspections; maintain all assigned facilities to be in a clean, safe, comfortable, energy efficient, and fully operational condition.
- Perform janitorial inspections, hold contractors accountable for any deficiencies, document and report issues or concerns with contractors, review invoices for accuracy and compliance.
- Plan, assign, and supervise the operation, maintenance, and repair of building systems and services, enforce safety rules/regulations.
- Manage the commodity or service contract process including creating requests for contract/bid, coordinating schedules, recording time and material costs, evaluating and reporting vendor/contractor performance, verifying orders received, and approving invoices for payment.
- Create operating budgets for assigned facilities, prepare monthly budget forecast reports, and maintain/monitor budget accounts in compliance with Hennepin County accounting rules.
- Conduct and manage facility inspections (e.g., insurance carriers, building inspectors, and accreditation reviews); prepare/update management facilities reports and complete periodic facilities surveys; develop, coordinate, and maintain the facilities management plan, 10 year plan, and facility data.
- Interact with customer groups on a regular basis to ensure program needs are being met and implement immediate corrective changes when they are not.
- Participate in planning, project build-out, and customer service delivery teams to ensure appropriate levels of service, maintenance, and budgeting are planned for in a strategic and consistent manner across multiple owned and leased facilities.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in facility management, engineering, architecture, and/or a related field and two or more years of experience in facilities management activities within a large organization(s) with responsibilities involving multiple facilities.
- Six or more years of experience in facilities management activities within a large organization(s) with responsibilities involving multiple facilities.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
- Certification in facilities management from International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), and/or Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) is preferred.
- Managing personnel including supervising, training, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating staff.
- Managing multiple facilities.
- Implementing principles and practices of facilities management, organizational planning, and administration.
- Managing multiple operating budgets and associated processes including forecasting, reporting, analyzing budget numbers, and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of:
- Overall operations, materials and repair of building systems, pneumatics, direct digital control, boilers, chillers and packed refrigeration units.
- Contract management practices, maintenance programs, leasing, codes, regulations and efficiency standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Analyze, evaluate, write, and modify operating methods, policies, and procedures.
- Facilitate meetings, lead work groups, conduct research, and prepare for and make presentations.
- Read and comprehend building drawings and blueprints.
- Operate, or quickly learn software programs including building automation systems, energy tracking, financial reporting, CAFM/CMMS and document management programs.
- Prepare correspondence using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) software on a routine basis; advanced skills in working with Microsoft Outlook and/or similar email/calendar program.
- Adhere to the expectations set forth for the FOM positions as well as the county competencies for managers.
- Work and communicate effectively with building inspectors, insurance carriers, vendors, landlords, the general public, and county employees.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Job offer will be contingent on an employment history/reference check, criminal background check including fingerprinting, and driver's license check prior to employment.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
- Facilities Management
Apply for this job