- Be a part of the Accounting leadership team who will provide guidance for the corporate accounting department.
- Oversee the corporate financial close process, ensuring activities related to capital spending, cost allocations, cost capitalization, transaction activities, income taxes, consolidation, etc. are completed in adherence with the corporate close calendar.
- Liaise with business partners to ensure relevant information is received or disseminated to complete corporate close and reporting.
- Ensure the preparation and review of consolidated and separate company financial statements, establish and maintain internal controls, manage and maintain all aspects of the general ledger, analyze and reconcile cash flows, etc.
- Review consolidated financial statements for accuracy and completeness, including balance sheet statements, income statements, other statements and related footnotes, and other accounting statements and reports.
- Support general accounting functions such as general data gathering, tracking, and record keeping; financial forecasting, budgeting, and planning; preparing of financial schedules, statements, and reports.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with Aimco policy, GAAP and all governing law.
- Partner with corporate accounting team co-leader for appropriate peer reviews of accounting team deliverables (FFO reports, balance sheets, income statements, earnings release schedules, 10-Qs and 10-Ks, board reporting, etc.).
- Partner with corporate accounting team co-leader, accounting team and real estate accounting team on the provision of information to external auditors, adherence to SOX/Audit timelines, etc.
- Other significant duties may be required in this role according to business need.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions, apply complex accounting requirements to those transactions, and effectively communicate the results to the stakeholders.
- Strong experience coordinating and completing detailed analytical reviews of complex information.
- Proven background in strategically implementing best practices around reporting and accounting processes.
- Keen ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners, including oversight of a small team of dedicated external reporting professionals.
- The propensity towards detail-orientation in all aspects of work performance.
- Sound business writing skills, with an ability to summarize communications for executive level consumption.
- Comfortable presenting to medium to large groups, including senior leaders.
- Coaching mindset.
- Accounting / Control
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.