Work hard, have fun, make history. That's what we do every day at Amazon. Would you like the opportunity to work on projects that impact all of our unique and cutting-edge lines of business? Do you enjoy interfacing with teams around the globe? As Corporate Counsel, Real Estate, you will serve work with Amazon’s existing real estate attorneys to support Amazon’s NA Operations and Fulfillment teams and partner with them to lease, launch and manage Amazon's NA Operations and Fulfillment facilities.
This position structures, drafts and negotiates agreements, manages outside counsel, and counsels internal business clients on:
· Sourcing operations, fulfillment and transportation facilities, including acquisitions, leasing agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), and land use and zoning issues;
· Property management agreements;
· Construction agreements;
· Procurement contracts; and
· Other commercial transactions, ranging from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value transactions.
The role also provides day-to-day business and real estate law counseling; identifies opportunities for and implements process improvements; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; and handles pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
· 4+ years of legal experience (with at least three years at a law firm) as a real estate attorney.
· Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.
· In-house experience in a technology or Internet company or real estate company is a plus.
· Experience with procurement contracts.
· Experience with incentive agreements.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job