Dream is looking for a creative and results oriented Vice President to lead its High Rise Development initiatives.
Dream is always looking for the best and brightest to join its thriving community. Dream’s growing development business is seeking an entrepreneurial and accomplished development professional to lead the successful execution of a variety of high profile and exciting projects. This role will report to the directly to the Chief Development Officer.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening in Dream, and it’s happening fast. Have you successfully delivered large scale High Rise projects? Do you possess a proven ability to lead engineering, procurement, estimators, construction and construction management? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
You are a natural leader. You are able to motivate others to deliver results, including other executives, employees, construction and development partners. You are a construction expert who can manage all aspects of a project from vision to completion. You are able to effectively manage competing priorities, deadlines, budgets and partners.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to make a difference and inspire others to do great things. In other words, we want you to fit in. This is a chance for you to take on big responsibilities, be a part of exciting new opportunities, and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun. Are you ready?
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
• In partnership with senior management, lead and guide a number of Dream’s High Rise developments
• Monitoring and reviewing of contractors’ work as it relates to budgets and schedules
• Direction of activities of architects, planners, engineers, estimators, and other consultants
• Communicate to senior executives and among the various development groups on project status
• Preparation of cost estimates, budget updates, and change order reports
• Control of project documentation and historical data regarding construction
• Lead project planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimation, and cost monitoring
• Leadership and guidance to the construction teams, consultants, contractors, trades, project lenders, and internal development partners
• Develop and inspire an engaged and high performing team of development and construction professionals.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, architecture or construction management
• 10+ years’ experience, preferably in E&C or Construction firms leading major capital projects with an established record of success in increasing responsibility in management positions
• At least 5 years in a management role
• Strong experience in risk design/build, construction and construction management programs
• Strong commercial acumen demonstrated by world class project management skills, effective contract negotiations, management of trades, partners and clients
• Someone who embraces a dynamic work environment where you are called upon to contribute to a wide variety of projects
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with approximately $14 billion of assets under management in Canada and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach sets us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners, so we make sure to provide them with engaging work and to encourage them to share their ideas that will help us shape the company.
Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.
This is your invitation to make a difference. We’re looking forward to helping you grow.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.