Henley Investments is seeking a Assistant Controller in its U.S. headquarter office in Newton, MA. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets / forecasts and monthly financial statements (compliant with GAAP) for multiple residential development projects throughout the U.S.
- Assist with the preparation of project-level business plans; specifically, by generating financial models that evaluate various execution strategies
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial processes and controls necessary to successfully support the business, maximize opportunities and manage risk
- Perform various accounting tasks such as general ledger review and maintenance, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management
- Coordinate with tax consultants and outside auditors
- Assist with risk management and employee benefits
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- A well-organized individual who is disciplined in the oversight of details while maintaining the big picture perspective
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related maters
- 2-5 years of experience working in public accounting and/or in the financial industry as an Accountant, Assistant Controller or Financial Manager (real estate / land development experience preferred but not required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- Proficient with Excel and accounting software systems in a job cost environment (Great Plains preferred)
Henley Investments offers a competitive employee benefits package including health, dental and 401k. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Community Development
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.