This position works closely with marketing, property operations, and our development group to develop, manage and execute marketing and advertising initiatives for lease ups, renovations and stabilized communities. This position will also help develop companywide marketing programs and policies that continue to enhance the company brand. This candidate will have a strong understanding of the various marketing channels – branding, display and search advertising, email marketing, social media, reputation management, signage, outreach and event marketing. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include, but not limited to the following:
- Manage the marketing strategy and execution for lease ups, renovations and stabilized communities to ensure it meets or exceeds the performance and financial goals set for the community.
- Partner with internal team members and external vendors to implement creative marketing and advertising strategies and solutions that adhere to budgeted guidelines, including the use of internet, print, collateral, referrals, signage, outreach marketing, event marketing, and other tactics, and select the appropriate marketing techniques based on resident profile and market conditions.
- Provides additional and in-depth marketing support to underperforming communities by analyzing the current traffic and leasing performance, troubleshooting and identifying factors contributing to the performance, developing and implementing aggressive marketing, advertising, pricing and promotional campaigns, and closely following up and monitoring results.
- Reviews google analytics, advertising and marketing reports to analyze, adjust and make recommendations on ad source performance.
- Assists with new business proposals, presentations and attend meetings to secure new business and clients.
- Create and develop companywide marketing programs and policies to help enhance the brand.
- Research new products and services and assist with the pilot of new systems and programs.
- Assist with setting up training for our on-site associates with the various marketing vendors to ensure they are utilizing the programs and tools successfully.
- Assist with the marketing set up and transition of new acquisitions and/or dispositions
- Gathering and maintaining a master library where all community assets (logos, floor plans, site maps, imagery) are housed in one location.
- Conducting periodic quality control checks – website audits, social and reputation audits and providing guidance to the teams.
- Gathering content and images to provide our public relations firm to update our Legacy social accounts.
- Assist in creating agendas, attending meetings, running various marketing and advertising reports and getting out to the community and their competitor’s sites from time to time.
- Provide support and assistance to Corporate Office, VP of Operations, District Property Managers, Business Development, Business Managers and Onsite Teams
- Support the Marketing Department in various projects and other duties as assigned.
- Position will be based in the Irvine, CA corporate office.
- 15-20% travel is required; mainly in the Western United States
- Advertising creativity and Internet savvy
- Strong understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Strong internet, mobile and social media aptitude.
- Working knowledge of search engine marketing including search engine optimization, local search and pay per click advertising.
- Working knowledge of online reputation management and social media.
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Team player (excellent attitude, professionalism and enthusiasm)
- Flexible and ability to change quickly
- Self-starter mindset; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Constantly seek innovative and better ways to accomplish goals
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Media Studies strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the real estate development and multi-family experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of fee 3rd party management and ability to manage to varying owner criteria
- In-depth knowledge of various media outlets, digital marketing best practices and results tracking is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required
Job Skill Requirements:
- Writing: Knowledge on how to write effective copy in a variety of styles for websites, advertising listings, collateral and social media and review sites - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Google+, etc.
- Research: Ability to monitor, learn and adapt in the fast-changing environment. Identify new services and products that can help improve the company’s performance or enhance the overall brand.
- Communication Skills and Problem-Solving: Knowing how to best communicate the company's and/or properties’ messages on different platforms, including managing the need to convey sensitive issues or deal with angry residents and customers
- Interpersonal Skills: As a direct connection between the company, the employees, the residents and the public, strong interpersonal skills and being approachable online and in person is essential
- Technical Skills: Understanding computers, Internet access and having excellent tech savvy talents is essential
- Graphic Design Skills: Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or equivalent design software programs to resize images or produce collateral such as print ads, flyers or promotional pieces is a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Yardi Voyager Software, Rent Café (highly desirable); Prezi is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current Real Estate license, ARM, CAPS, CPM certificates is a plus.
Proven ability to supervise projects as needed. This position does not include direct reports--no employee supervision is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to be mobile and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not intended to be all–inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job