The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing analytical and other support to Team Leaders and Asset Managers in the analysis and workout of non-performing mortgage loans, as wells as the resolution of performing loan issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Asset Managers in the management of a portfolio of performing and non-performing loans secured by commercial properties.
• Prepare drafts of memorandums with recommendations for a wide variety of consents.
• Provide due-diligence assistance including analysis of loan documents and servicing agreements.
• Track loan and property-level information, including financial statements.
• Analyze financial statements and rent rolls for various types of commercial properties. Analysis includes normalizing, reviewing and comparing operating expenses, rollover schedules, and where applicable, preparing trailing 12-month financials and proformas.
• Prepare select property & loan valuations in LNR’s proprietary cash flow model for review by Asset Manager (including gathering market data and speaking with local sources).
• Track servicing requests on selected assets and review servicing numbers for accuracy against loan documents.
• Coordinate with outside legal counsel, brokers and other third parties, as necessary.
• Research market, tenant and borrower information on public records databases, such as Bloomberg, Lexis/Nexis.
• Work with Asset Managers and legal counsel to review loan documentation as needed.
• Review lease terms and prepare lease approval memorandums.
• Analyze alternative workout scenarios using NPV analysis and participate in negotiations with Borrowers for non-performing loans.
• Underwrite prospective owners of property in connection with the assumption of the existing mortgage loan.
• Ad-hoc and miscellaneous projects that pertain to the efficiency of the Loan Asset Management department.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple people. Self-starter and self-motivated.
• Prior financial analysis, preferably in real estate, or other applicable real estate background.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related analytical field, with advanced degree in Business or Law preferred.
• Minimum of 2-3 year’s related work experience in the real estate or finance fields.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.