Global Commercial Estate Services Company
New York, NY
Reports to a Team of CRE Debt/Equity Advisors
With professionals in 170 offices globally, our client provides the complete range of commercial real estate related services.
The Debt/Equity Team, based in New York City, represents owners and operators of real estate to arrange senior debt, mezzanine debt and joint venture equity on transactions in NYC and across the US
Supporting a team of commercial real estate finance advisors within the Tri-State area, this individual will be the primary resource for the underwriting, analyzing, sizing, and advising on the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD multifamily loan applications and processes.
In addition, this individual will participate in client presentations as the firm’s internal expert on the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD requirements.
This individual will be responsible for analyzing complex information to prepare various reports and loan submission packages.
- Assists producer(s) in day-to-day responsibilities which include packaging, lender due diligence, negotiation process, commitment process and closing process.
- Gathers data on local, regional, and national commercial real estate markets by researching a variety of sources including, but not limited to industry, regulatory and economic information, financial periodicals and newspapers, mortgage and lease documents, demographic date, property information and company records.
- Organizes, evaluates, interprets and summarizes data.
- Prepares a variety of analyses, statements and reports for management review; arranges for preparation of graphics or illustrations to include with research findings.
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes trends in commercial mortgage finance, general business and industry conditions.
- Conducts ad hoc studies for management upon request.
- Prepares loan submission reports for review by loan producers.
- Interfaces with clients, lenders, and government agencies to complete tasks.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university; minimum three years mortgage banking experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Course work or commensurate experience with fundamentals of real estate finance, basic appraisal principals, market analysis and accounting.
- Must have experience underwriting Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and/or HUD multifamily applications
- Salesperson or real estate brokers license preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Knowledge of ARGUS preferred.
Scope of Responsibility
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years