Lead vertical development and investment activities across all asset classes at Generation Park, the largest private commercial development (4,000 acres) in the 3rd most populous county in the United States. This position reports to the President and includes management of design, construction, capitalization, business development, legal, public and governmental affairs.
- Set strategic direction of the vertical development (fee, spec, preleased, and built-to-suit) business unit to execute office, industrial, retail, multifamily and hospitality development at Generation Park (40 million square feet at build out).
- Source debt & equity capital and expand relationships with capital partners (ranging from $10MM to +$500MM).
- Participate in development process from project conceptualization through stabilization. Manage contract negotiation, project capitalization, and design & engineering process.
- Manage vertical development P&L; reconcile and report on performance and variances to budget. Track asset and market metrics to make sell/hold/refi recommendations on portfolio.
- Partner with sales & leasing team on lease-up of developed assets and pursuit of new opportunities. Form relationships with brokerage community to maintain market knowledge and identify leads.
- Foster a positive and ethical work environment that is conducive to attracting and retaining a group of top-quality employees.
- Represent the fiduciary interests of ownership and the company in a way that enhances the corporate reputation.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in finance, mathematics, or engineering field of study with 7-10 years of commercial real estate experience.
- Demonstrate leadership. Maintain a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidence under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines. Must take initiative, relish challenge, and be comfortable keeping various projects moving simultaneously.
- Intellectual curiosity to contribute across multiple disciplines. Must have intuition for good design and extremely high degree of financial aptitude alike.
- Confidence speaking publicly and comfort negotiating complex lease, loan, sale, and partnership agreements with partners.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves, discard or adapt old ways, and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- General Management and C-Suite
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job