Job Summary: Overall financial responsibility for a portfolio of residential rentals, cooperatives, condominiums and retail buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Must have the ability to produce and complete multiple financial budgets and present the budgets to the property manager, asset managers and investors of the building as well produce and present monthly and quarterly reporting to owners. This position will be required to hit deadlines in the appropriate assigned projects. Must be able to multi-task as well as analytical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and present monthly and quarterly financial statements and make any necessary financial adjustments that is deemed necessary while also preparing the monthly financial pages, including a table of contents, and other special reports as requested for owners.
• Prepare and oversee the annual budgets for all managed properties including; preparation of the budget packages, maintain the schedule of deadline for budget approval, discuss with Board members and/or investors in conjunction with the Executive Property Manager. Review the actual to budget performance variances.
• Full knowledge and examination of the cash flow analysis for each entity.
• Assist with the input of all general ledger journal entries such as bank transfer, interest income, expense reclassification, reserve contributions, etc. for buildings managed by Company.
• Ensure enough funds are escrowed for real estate taxes on each building in order to make necessary payments
• Produce year-end security deposit schedule based upon the request from the auditor as needed while also assisting with the annual audit process for the entire portfolio including accommodating the auditor’s needs and requests in a timely manner.
• Review and ensure that leases are conforming, step up on rents are properly calculated and received, liability insurance for all commercial/retail tenants.
• Assist with mortgage reporting requirements.
• Reconcile development project requisitions with accounting department.
• Calculate distributions to partners.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of real estate properties, assets, cash balance and cash flow management for capital improvements.
• Organizational skills, motivation, critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
• Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Previous experience with Yardi Voyager or Genesis is preferred.
• Ability to work well in team environment as well as independently. Must be able to identify, plan and prioritize projects and assignments in order to make necessary deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA certification, MBA or related work experience is a plus.
• Three to five years of experience as an accountant or similar role in the property management industry or real estate field.
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.