DLC Management Corporation, one of the nation's preeminent private retail real estate companies, is seeking an entry-level Asset Management Analyst to be located in its Elmsford, New York (Westchester County) corporate office. The Asset Management Analyst will be involved with many facets of the asset, investment and joint venture of DLC’s growing retail CRE portfolio. The position will serve as support to the Vice President of Asset Management but will collaborate and liaise between the acquisitions, construction management, property management, leasing, legal and accounting departments. The ideal candidate will be energetic and motivated to learn, with a strong analytical background and excellent communication skills.
#SUCCESS: DLC defines #success as working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, enjoyable place to work. The successful candidate will embrace and embody this culture and strive for collaboratively successful outcomes.
- Compile and analyze financial information from disparate systems to summarize financial data for management decision & required reporting.
- Assist with the modeling of property-level cash flow projections utilizing Microsoft Excel and Argus.
- Provide analytical support which will include but not limited to asset and portfolio performance metrics, lease analysis, capital payback analysis, variance analysis, expense recovery analysis, health ratio analysis, etc.
- Analyze operating budgets, capital plans and reforecasts, provide variance commentary to original business plan.
- Perform complex financial analyses including the updating of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, valuations, investment returns & equity waterfalls.
- Monitor property performance throughout the redevelopment cycle in support of critical capital market events.
- Lead effort to work with and through all vertical departments to pull information and deliver monthly status reports to external and internal constituents report on asset performance.
- Maintain integrity of Argus Models which include leasing updates, capital activity, and market assumption changes. Utilize Argus cash flows to update dynamic equity financial models.
- Help with questions and ad-hoc requests from joint venture partners and lenders.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting or with similar real estate underwriting skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus. Strong experience with extensive formulas, lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities and consistently follow-up.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, or a related field
- Asset Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job