The responsibility of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the Reside Living.
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager, the Property Manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The Property Manager Manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made immediately and deposits are reported to the Corporate Office on a daily basis
- Perform evictions as required on delinquent rents
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning contract renewals, work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. The Property Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to Corporate Office for payment
- Perform monthly 'Close Out' of Yardi books
- Prepare monthly management and budget variance report
- Hires, terminates, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. This includes new employee orientation, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines
- Conducts on-going training with office staff, i.e. leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis
- Maintains accurate payroll records as required by Reside Living
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that completed leases are being properly executed
- Responsible for office opening on schedule, conditions of office and model apartments.
- Attends scheduled Corporate management meeting
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits required reports to Corporate Office on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prepares lease renewal rent recommendations for review with the Regional Manager
- Reviews resident history to determine whether to renew or not
- Prepares renewal lease packages for distribution to residents
- Follows up with residents via various renewal letters, phone calls and personal contact
- Executes and distributes all lease documentation as appropriate
- Ensures that data is entered into Yardi as appropriate
- Maintain positive customer service attitude
- Periodic inspection with residents of move-in/move-outs
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident’s communication, i.e. complaints, service requests
- Establish and control preventive maintenance program
- Physically walk and inspect property on a regular basis; check on vacant apartment.
- Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out
- Ensure that all service requests are handled promptly
- Monitor all maintenance activities
- Supervise outside contractors, contract maintenance in coordination with the Chief Engineer
- Conducts market surveys monthly and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork
- Maintains awareness of market/industry and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Maintain current Craigslist advertising for available apartments on a weekly basis.
- Update external and internal websites as appropriate
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the Corporate Office immediately. Insures that all worker’s compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed
- Performs any additional duties or tasks as assigned by the Regional Manager
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.