Southern Land Company, a national real estate development firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee is seeking a full-time Senior Financial Analyst to join our dynamic and growing team. This position will assist with prospective deal underwriting, capitalization of projects and ongoing budgeting analysis of operating properties as well as debt and investor relations. This position will work closely with various divisions throughout Southern Land Company, including Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Property Management, Development and Construction Management.
- Perform complicated financial modeling and analysis in MS Excel with a focus on:
- Short and long term hold returns including IRR, multiples, margin, total profit and yields
- Multi-tiered waterfall returns
- Building comprehensive sensitivities on items such as construction costs, rent, capitalization rates, land price, etc.
- Aggregating data into executive summaries and portfolio reports
- Prepare marketing materials, proposals and presentations
- Research and maintain market information regarding land sales, multifamily sales, development pipeline, rent and tax comparables and other market data as needed
- Conduct ad hoc financial analyses as needed
- Assist in the review of legal documents and third party reports as part of the due diligence process
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline; Master’s degree a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of real estate acumen; strong interest in real estate
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, written and verbal communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
- Self-motivated, team oriented
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & PowerPoint; financial modeling experience required
- Experience with GIS, Google Earth or similar mapping platforms
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
Southern Land Company (SLC), headquartered in Franklin, TN, is a national real-estate developer of original multifamily and mixed-use developments and master-planned communities. With regional offices in New York, NY, Denver, CO, and Dallas, TX, SLC continues to expand in growth markets throughout the U.S. SLC has a current development pipeline in excess of $1 billion in markets such as Nashville, Denver/Boulder, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, Long Island, NY, Charleston, SC, and Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit our website at .
Southern Land Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Southern Land Company offers a competitive benefits package, including 401k and paid time off. Southern Land Company is a Drug Free Workplace.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job