Waypoint Residential is looking for a Vice President, Finance (Debt) to join our Acquisitions team. This position is responsible for procuring and closing acquisition related debt financing across all of Waypoint’s product lines, including, short-term bridge financing, permanent loans, supplemental loans, and refinance loans from a variety of sources including Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, balance sheet lenders, life insurance companies, debt funds and mortgage REITs.
- Responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining lender relationships
- Act as the primary contact representing the organization in key lender communications
- Coordinate and direct the procurement for permanent financing, or refinancing of properties to maximize asset profitability and minimize risk to the investment partners and Waypoint Residential, LLC
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the loan transaction process, including loan applications, and Fannie/Freddie Agency forms.
- Work hand-in-hand with legal counsel (in house and outside) to review and negotiate loan documents.
- Work closely with the Acquisition team to identify the most favorable financing strategy for each opportunity
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in multifamily loan origination and loan document negotiation
- Experience in/working knowledge of Fannie/Freddie/FHA multifamily mortgage lending
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to comprehend complex projects
- Strong organizational skills that translate into the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- The highest level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships
- Problem solving—Resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/organizing—Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Able to deliver under pressure.
- Quality control—Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and capable of adjusting to frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Dependability—Follows instructions, responds with agility to direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Who we are
Waypoint Residential is a national real estate investment management firm specializing in rental housing. The vertically integrated firm acquires and develops conventional multifamily, purpose-built student housing and senior housing properties throughout the United States. Waypoint’s comprehensive capabilities include acquisitions, development, financing, asset management, accounting and investor relations. The firm’s fully integrated platform also includes a dedicated management company, Waypoint Management Services.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Boca Raton, the company is comprised of approximately 100 professionals and has five regional offices located in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Stamford. Led by a team of seasoned real estate professionals with an average of 25 years of experience, Waypoint’s investment activity totals approximately $2.6 billion across nearly 20,000 units.
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.